Tips and Tricks When Claiming Bonuses
Bonuses are not free lunches. You should not claim one just because it is offered.
- Evaluate the bonus to make sure it is suited to your wagering level and style of play
- Understand the bonus terms and conditions completely
Here are some tricks and tips to help you.
Deposits above the maximum bonus limits are wasted
Suppose an online casino offers a regular reload bonus of 25% of the deposit up to a maximum of $25. If you make a deposit of $100 you will get a bonus of $25. If you make a deposit of $200, you will still get a bonus of $25 because that is the maximum allowed. So, half your deposit does not fetch any bonus.
It is better to make two separate deposits of $100 each so that you can get two separate bonuses of $25 each.
Let your bankroll decide your deposit amount and not the bonus offer
If you are a high roller you would want to maximise the bonus. But if you are not a high roller then follow the adage cut your coat according to your cloth.
Suppose there is a welcome bonus offer of 100% of the deposit up to a maximum of $400. If you deposit less than $400 you will lose out on part of the bonus. But if you cannot afford to deposit $400 at a time, it is better to lose part of the bonus than to overreach your bankroll. Gamble responsibly and in a stress free manner. A good example is Captain Jack, which offers a bonus which is very enticing and could make you break your bankroll rules.
Read the general bonus terms and conditions as well
Each bonus offer will have its own specific terms and conditions such as minimum deposit and maximum bonus. But each online casino has general bonus terms and conditions as well that are not repeated with each offer. A link will be provided to these general terms and conditions.
It is important that you read and understand these because critical fine print information about exclusions is contained in them. Some examples are given below.
- Sometimes bonuses may not be valid for certain deposit options. You need to make sure that you are not using those.
- Players from certain countries may be prohibited from claiming bonuses. This is because those countries have a history of bonus abuse. These are usually very uncommon countries, but check out the list all the same.
Meet wagering requirements on online slots
Wagering requirements are an integral part of online casino bonuses. You cannot wish them away. Online casinos offer different games categories and you can complete your wagering requirements on most of them. Online slots almost always contribute 100% to the wagering requirements while other games categories like table games, roulette and video poker contribute much less. You should always meet the wagering requirements on online slots otherwise you will unnecessarily inflate the amount to be wagered
Wagering requirement fine print
- There will always be a time limit in which you must meet the wagering requirements. Adhere to it.
- There could be a maximum bet limit imposed during wagering requirements. Bets in excess of that will not count.
May 1st, 2018